Our Maine Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Through the Legal Process
According to Driver Knowledge, “More than 90 people die in car accidents every day.” Automobile accidents are common, and it’s imperative to know which roads and intersections are the most dangerous to ensure you use extra caution while driving on those particular roadways.
If you or a loved one has suffered devastating injuries due to a collision, our Maine car accident lawyers at Lowry & Associates have the resources and tools necessary to build a strong case. We can review the various aspects of your case to see if you’re entitled to compensation for the damages and injuries you have suffered.
Most Dangerous Roads
Although countless roads can be dangerous, some intersections are more threatening than others. The most dangerous roads in Maine according to Go Local Prov News, include the following:
- Bridgton- Portland Rd., Willis Park Rd. and Portland Rd., Sandy Creek Rd.
- Bangor- Broadway, Hobert St. and Broadway, Burleigh Rd., Griffin Rd.
- Lewiston- Old Greene Rd. and Randall Rd., Sabattus St.
- Augusta- Ramp off to Western Ave. and Western Ave.
If you were involved in a mishap on one of Maine’s most dangerous roadways, our team of attorneys can help you with your claim. Although you can’t control how other drivers operate behind the wheel, you can ensure you’re using caution and safety when you drive to help prevent possible collisions on these roads.
Road Design Can Impact Driver Safety
Road design can drastically impact the overall safety of roads such as signage, traffic, construction, and potholes. Also, roads that contain roundabouts or rotaries can create challenges for drivers. Although poor road designs can contribute to mishaps, drivers can help prevent possible collisions by practicing additional safety procedures.
Tips To Safely Navigate Dangerous Roads
Safety should always be the first priority while operating a motor vehicle, however, everyone does not obey the laws or safety regulations intended to keep you and other drivers safe. Even if other drivers do not implement safety while driving, you can be a defensive driver and use the following safety tips to help you navigate dangerous roads safely:
- Pay attention at all times while behind the wheel- Distracted driving is a commonality among drivers today, and often results in numerous collisions. When you’re behind the wheel, it’s vital to keep your eyes on the road at all times. Distracted driving can include texting, talking on the phone, conversating with people in the vehicle, and reaching for items.
- Obey the posted speed limits- Speed limits are intended to keep you and others safe on the roads. In some cases, drivers speed and lose control of their vehicle.
- Keep a safe distance behind other vehicles- Tailgating is dangerous and if the other driver suddenly slams on their brakes, you will have less time to react which may result in life-changing consequences.
- Reduce speed in bad weather- Weather conditions, such as rain and snow, can severely impact roadways by causing them to become slippery and unsafe.
For additional safety tips, visit the Maine Department of Transportation (MDOT).
If you or a loved one have fallen victim to an accident, compensation may be available for the damages and injuries caused by the collision.
Compensation: Am I Eligible?
In some cases, individuals who suffered injuries as a result of an automobile accident, fail to seek legal guidance because they are unsure if they have a solid case.
Compensation is a financial award given to a victim to compensate for the damages and injuries caused by other individual’s careless actions. It can cover medical bills, pain and suffering, and wrongful death.
In order to determine if you are eligible to receive compensation, our team of experienced and knowledgeable attorneys needs to review the details of your case. Various components are taken into consideration such as the extent of your injuries, medical treatment, and lost wages. It’s in your best interest to speak with an attorney to see what legal options are available.
Contact Our Relentless Attorneys Now
At Lowry & Associates, we are fully aware of how dangerous roads can be. When you or a loved one has fallen victim to a mishap, our lawyers can assist you through the difficult legal system.
We know how challenging and stressful it can be when filing an injury claim. When you contact our law firm, we want you to focus on recovering while we handle the insurance company and legal matters.
We believe car accident victims deserve to be compensated for their suffering. When you contact our Maine car accident lawyers, you can trust that we will use our experience to fight for you. Call us today at (207) 222-2222 or fill out our free case review form.